Blessed G.E.M.S. - "God's Excellence Manifested Successfully"
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

What are Your Thoughts?
5 Things About Me
Real love...what does it look like?
Pressure Bursts Pipes
The 6 Ps to grow on...

Categories

General
powered by

My Blog

Real love...what does it look like?

Yesterday was Valentine’s Day and most people celebrate it by buying their significant other candy, cards, expensive dinners, I even seen some pictures of new cars on Facebook or whatever tangible gift that can be used to display the love that they feel towards their loved one. All of this is great and I applaud those who do take the time to honor the special person in their life whether it’s on Valentine’s Day or any of the other 364 days of the year. But love is action…I have been in enough bad “love” relationships where gifts have lost their value to me. I’m like Cuba Gooding’s character in Jerry Maguire, “SHOW ME THE MONEY”…oops I mean love. But all jokes aside, love is not about the things, love is about the action. Love should be felt and known by your actions not just your gifts.

Trust, I’m not bah humbug about Valentine’s Day…I love love always have. I always wanted to be in a relationship where it’s me and my man against the world. I wanted the relationship that rivaled Bonnie and Clyde (of course without the illegal stuff they did). For the longest, I allowed my words and thoughts to cancel each other out. I wanted Bonnie and Clyde while saying, “No one will love me the way I love them”.  I have stopped saying that altogether now that I understand how our words attract the foolishness we speak. My words are COMPLETELY different, I choose them wisely, so I am careful not to attract what I don’t want or need in my life. You too should watch your words because life and death surely reside in what we say.

When I look for what love means and what real love is I turn to the bible and I weigh people against that definition. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 states, “Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” I have conversations with young women all the time and when they are talking about their boyfriend they start the sentence with, “He’s a great guy but…..”. Then they go into a speech about what he is not…so I ask them is that love? I ask them is he not patient and kind, Is he envious, arrogant, boastful or rude, must he have his way…if those things are present then I’m sorry sweetie you must reevaluate your definition of love and possibly run from this relationship.

Mind you I said relationship and not marriage. I believe there are some differences that come to play when you are talking about a marriage. BUT if you make great observations (and properly evaluate them) BEFORE marriage, while in the relationship phase, you can avoid a lot of headache in marriage. Marriage is not when you look at what is stated in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 and evaluate your spouse…it’s too late then.

Real love does exist…I see glimpses of it daily. I see those who set out to help others unselfishly. I see people being patient and kind when others are being rude and arrogant towards them. I see couples getting back into the fight after giving up. I just wish that everyone will get to experience love as it is intended and not what it is made to look like by Hollywood or the crazy couple down your street. But real love the kind that makes you strive to be better, do better, live better and set higher standards of greatness! Be blessed…

14 Comments to Real love...what does it look like?:

Comments RSS
Walter Moore on Friday, February 15, 2013 10:28 AM
The True Definition of Love!!! Well said Sabrina

replica montre on Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:50 AM
Today, the tears finally came. This may be a good sign that I began to come out, and gradually put down. Maybe, someday, I will scab healed.

vagtacho on Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:55 AM
Launch Creader CR-HD use 6PIN and 9PIN additional diagnostic connectors, can be provide highest quality, most efficient, and most professional code reader about heavy duty.

Marital aids on Friday, August 09, 2013 12:00 AM
There is nice concept about Healing with light. It can very informative blog on this topic. Really nice theory on the topic.

womens white watches on Friday, August 16, 2013 12:52 AM
Beautiful snow scene where there is no longer your shadow. Your eyes no longer able to follow me, since I am the one who is alone in the world traveled alone.

réplique de montre de luxe on Friday, August 16, 2013 2:24 AM
Nous voulons trouver des moyens de sortir de la faible durée de vie, ou le visage souffrant, ou d'une autre fa?on, peut aller loin dans la mer de la vie. Le potentiel humain est sans fin.

réplique montres on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:13 AM
Le c?ur de l'homme a été rempli très complet très complet ... avec .... Il a essayé dur d'être un bon frère, essayer d'être un bon mari, et s'efforcer d'être un bon ami, essayer d'être un bon fils,

swiss uhren replicas on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:46 AM
Tt le matin, le soleil levant. Seul, à la hate en marchant dans les rues larges. Plusieurs sacs de transport à venir envers les enfants, ils marchaient c?te tout en parlant, en riant. Soleil caressant amoureusement une image des enfants pleins de sourire d'enfant, ma bouche, ni en affichant un sourire. A ce moment, mes yeux presque stagnantes en ce qu'un peu de visage mignon de bébé, jusqu'à ce qu'ils me passaient lentement.

Montres Replica on Friday, September 06, 2013 8:34 PM
Si ce n'est pas l'accident, il est le successeur de Dali Group, sinon l'accident , il était le Conseil national et le peuple bien-aimé se marier, si ...... président du groupe Dali parce qu'ils ne peuvent pas accepter ce fait , vous ne pouvez pas sortir .

lazarz on Saturday, November 09, 2013 11:34 PM
do can�t you create to search overly far

montres replica net on Monday, December 30, 2013 1:08 AM
La nouvelle Seamaster Omega est présenté sur un bracelet en caoutchouc noir . Un autre avantage est que le modèle est livré avec le bracelet de l'acier inoxydable plongeurs extensibles .

montre replique on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:49 PM
En outre , il est vraiment évident que la sexualité améliore la réplique montres Rolex entre vous en plus partenaire .

bankatalog.org.pl on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:09 PM
the hall corridor?

beste uhren replicas on Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:34 AM
Wissenschaftliche Stellungnahme der DGZMK. Stefan sammelt seit kurzem Geld auf der Crowdfunding-Plattform Kickstarter, um die drei Monate Entwicklungsarbeit bezahlen zu k die er und sein Vier-Mann-Team noch bis zur Fertigstellung brauchen wswiss uhrenn. Damit zog er nicht nur die Blicke des Rennstalls Alfa Romeo auf sich, sondern auch die der replica uhrenen.