Blessed G.E.M.S. - "God's Excellence Manifested Successfully"
RSS

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

What are Your Thoughts?
5 Things About Me
Real love...what does it look like?
Pressure Bursts Pipes
The 6 Ps to grow on...

Categories

General
powered by

My Blog

REWIND…REFLECT…KEEP MOVING FORWARD

Rewind…January 23, 2012
Last year on this very day, I posted a comment on Facebook stating that I had held a funeral on my behalf. Of course I was not burying myself alive but I was burying those things that kept me acting and functioning as the “living dead”. I was walking around tied to so much baggage that I was useless and not to mention stressed out. I had reached my capacity of all that I could carry and I needed to cleanse, purge, and/or get rid of all those things that were killing me by the minute…and that meant people too. I noticed that I had, in an odd way, gotten comfortable with the messy parts of my life. I stopped looking at what I should have paid attention to and instead of trying to fix it; I turned a blind eye and played ignorant to the things going on around me. If whatever my issue was didn’t tap me on the shoulder I lived with it! I had become reactive instead of my normal proactive mindset.

Reflect...January 23, 2013
What a terrible and miserable place to be in…one where you recognize the need for change but instead choose to do nothing about it. I can see now how paralyzed I was by my fears, people and their thoughts, my friends, and even my parents. I had somehow picked up the “people pleasing” syndrome. I wanted everyone to think I was ok with everything and I just suffered in silence. I realize that there is violence in our silence! Our silence can kill us. By keeping all of this bottled up on the inside, I was on my way to popping! Thank God for the wake-up call to change.

Move forward…and keep moving
The “funeral” I performed helped me a lot. I was able to handle the issues that I had let slide. I was able to put my mind in a much better place. I started back living! I made goals, long- and short-range ones, that allowed me to see my growth and gave me just enough of a sense of accomplishment that I could keep moving forward. Some things happened in leaps and bounds, while others took time. I couldn’t microwave everything and call it complete. I had to go through the process. But on the other side of it, a year later, and I am thankful for those moments that brought me to this place of clarity and peace. I can appreciate the storms that I endured because I came out stronger. I am now strong enough to reach back and pull someone else along. None of it was easy and I wanted to give up, tried to give up but I had to keep pressing forward. I had to get to today so I can tell you who are reading this that YOU CAN TOO!!!

So I ask you all…what are you using to hold you back from your place of destiny and purpose. Is it people, old habits, thoughts, events, lack of whatever or YOU? Take the time to hold a memorial service for those things in your life that you need to bury and move on from. If you need to be creative and perform an actual service, write down what’s holding you back, put it in a box and bury it. Then work towards letting the things that you buried stay buried. Be blessed…

2D3PC7FBRN58

18 Comments to REWIND…REFLECT…KEEP MOVING FORWARD :

Comments RSS
Dana McElrath on Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:41 AM
Sounds like you are on the positive side of that toxic relationship, however I don’t believe that time heals all wounds, nor can they be buried. It is what you do with the passing of time that protects your wounds from further damage. With a physical wound, your body forms scar tissue that protects it from future damage. Just like a physical wound, your mind forms mental scar tissue that minimizes the hurt and pain which enables you to move on with your life. And, you’ve done just that, thus BLESSED GEMS!

Sabrina - Blessed GEMS on Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:23 AM
Thanks for your comment Dana! Hopefully the above did not give you an indication that I implied time heals all wounds because I know that it does not. If putting time on an issue meant that it would go away or the pain would end there would be a lot of people (adults) not suffering from issues that happened in their childhood. Which we all know that is not the case. What time does is pass and with the passing of time you can use that time to help yourself, heal yourself or remain stuck. I chose not to stay stuck and I allowed the passing of time to help me deal with the issues that I was going through. By burying it, I am not saying that you forget that it happened and that it did have an effect on your life. But the burial is similar to if you buried a relative, you don’t forget that they once lived, but you don’t walk around talking and functioning like that person is alive and well either. The burial is just a symbolic gesture that these things are gone and should not remain fresh in your life. Now I agree with you that all things cannot be buried for various reasons and if someone is struggling in an area that may need additional help then I am a proponent of seeking professional assistance, i.e. psychologist, psychiatrist or grief counselor. Be blessed…

Evening Dresses sale on Monday, August 19, 2013 6:04 AM
Another thing I have noticed is that often for many people, less-than-perfect credit is the result of circumstances outside of their control. One example is they may be really saddled through an illness so that they have substantial bills for collections. It would be due to a work loss or inability to work. Sometimes breakup can really send the financial situation in a downward direction. Many thanks for sharing your notions on this web site.

replica montre on Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:52 AM
Slowly walking in the quiet street, the ground catkins in the spring breeze hold slightly domesticated hen groups into one ball, the road on both sides of the tree children singing in the wind whispered. In this approximation the beautiful scene, I could not calm my mind like a surging badly.

replica omega on Sunday, September 08, 2013 7:53 PM
Thanks for sharing the descriptive moral of the story.

launch creader vi on Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:55 AM
It has integrated the basic diagnostic functions of two heavy duty truck standard protocols (J1939 and J1708), and supports numerous ECUs.

ladies white watches on Friday, August 16, 2013 12:53 AM
We are so, like, when you go so young, can not help themselves. I think of you is so sad, for you and for myself.

replique de montres on Friday, August 16, 2013 2:27 AM
Votre vie entière est cela, utilisez vos mains pour avoir la moitié des mains de Dieu pour obtenir l'autre moitié.

réplique montres on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:15 AM
Les bons livres est le joyau le plus précieux. - Belinsky; livre est les seules choses immortelles. - Chute; livres permettent aux gens de devenir les ma?tres de l'univers. - Pavlodar même Ke

swiss uhren replicas on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:49 AM
Il fut un temps, notre persistant avec quelque chose, quel que soit le point de vue des gens autour d'eux et pointant; veulent toujours leur manière de sortir

Buy Xeloda Online on Tuesday, September 03, 2013 2:14 AM
That's the very nice post you have shared with us. I really liked it. Please keep sharing more and more information.

Montre contrefacon on Friday, September 06, 2013 8:35 PM
Ne pas changer à cause de la vision de quelqu'un d'autre de sa propre , ne pas mettre leur propre faiblesse pour montrer aux étrangers ; Ne dites pas à sa propre difficile à écouter les outsiders . Parce que personne ne se sente désolé pour vous, vous vous sentirez très incompetent'm inutile.

Wake Up Now Scam on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:29 AM
Wake Up presently usually this can be typically excellent news Home based mostly primarily based mostly based based totally mostly commerce occasion - Use our on-line home based business probability citation for employment reception I have no phrases to grasp this mail i am really influenced with this post the one that created this post was a large-scale specific feeling you man for distributing with United States of America.

replica montre rolex on Monday, December 30, 2013 1:11 AM
L'emblématique Lychins chalcedonica lunette de conception et de coussinets de protection des boutons sont fabriqués à partir de titane. Regardez cas d'autres régions fabriqués à partir de métal et réplique montres Hublot a adopté une couche de panneaux de séparation en fer doux , pour protéger la machine des champs magnétiques.

montres de luxe repliques on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:51 PM
Si le sol est supérieure à la température de congélation , beaucoup de répliques de montres Rolex peut tomber sur elle sans lui rafra?chir beaucoup .

uhren replica schweiz on Thursday, March 06, 2014 8:36 AM
Werden mehrere davon zu einer Reihe zusammen geschlossen, k?nnen sie ein Handy betreiben. Ehrung für die SiegerBeim Sport ist es gerade bei Turnieren immer wieder der Fall, dass die Sportler auch geehrt werden. Wie in einer stereoskopischen Schauvorrichtung habe Kafka disparate Ged?chtnisbilder unverbunden aufeinander folgen lassen und dadurch die ?Differenz von Narration und Stereoskop" respektive ?von Verknüpfung und Isolation der Bilder" als Thema des Erz?hlens aufgegriffen.

wetten on Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:59 PM
Wetten mit den Streak Sie Wette 100 $, dass Umweltfreundliche Bay wird Adresse wieder 7 Tage 11 elf. Sie haben entwickelt weniger schwierig generieren zu helfen, eine Wette auf jederzeit und ohne die Angst ihrer Geld zu risikofrei harmlos.

Superbowl Wettquoten on Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:04 AM
Diese Menschen sind five gewinnt youll nie und kann beeinflussen koennen rundum erfolgreich Aktien.Aber bedenken Ziel ist es, wird es sein, verbessern Sie Ihre Wahrscheinlichkeiten profitable.